We are all born with a healthy scalp and good and healthy mane. But given the changing climate, environment, weather and living conditions, our hair are graying faster than they should and before the right age. Here are a few tips and seven remedies for premature graying.
1) Pamper That Scalp: Coconut oil is hands down the besy sure for any hair woes, be it hair fall, graying or even dandruff. Rich in not just carbs but also vitamins and minerals, this oil helps nourish the scalp and hair, and thus prevents premature graying.
Pour some coconut oil in a bowl and add curry leaves to it. Let them come to boil or wait until the leaves turn black. Once the oil cools down, strain the oil and use this oil to massage your head. Massage with gentle and round movements with the tips of your fingers to stimulate the blood flow.
2) Fenugreek And Amla Wonder: Amla or Indian gooseberry is rich in Vitamin C and fenugreek is a great source of Vitamin C, potassium and iron. You can not jus consume both of these for better hair health, but also apply them for better results.
Take the fenugreek and crush it, and cut Amla into small pieces. Take some coconut or almond oil, heat it and add Indian gooseberry and Amla to it. Let the concoction boil for 5-6 minutes, cool it down and then apply it properly into your scalp. Leave it overnight and wash. It will also work wonders on your skin, reduce hair fall and improve hair growth.
3) Black Tea Massage To The Rescue: Black tea is full of antioxidants and a great way to make your skin healthier and also stimulates growth for hair follicles and adds to the black pigment of the hair. Regular application, will reduce graying and add volume to your hair.
Take a tablespoon of salt and about 2 tablespoons of black tea powder, and boil it in water. Use this boiled water to wash your hair and don’t use shampoo soon after. Try this 2 to 3 times a week for best results.
4) Lemon Juice And Onion Pack: Onion Juice is rich source of catalase which helps restore natural hair color to hair and lemon juice adds to the shine of your hair.
Take an onion, crush it and drain the juice and take one tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix the two and apply like a mask. Wash it in 30 minutes and try it every alternate day for two weeks to see some results.
5) Gourd (Ribbed) Hair Therapy: The enzyme of this common Indian household vegetable are known to restore hair colour pigment in hair roots. The pigment being melanin. Lack of melanin causes hair strands to turn grey, and gourd replenishes this pigment.
Take a medium sized ridge gourd, cut it into small pieces and sun dry them. Take one cup of coconut oil and soak the sun dried pieces in it for three to four days. Boil this mix after three days and then use this to massage your head.
6) Shikakai Cleansing Ritual: You can easily get shikakai pods in the market, these are usually dried. Bring home a kilogram of the pods and crush them nicely to form a consistent and fine powder. Take about half a cup of curd in a bowl and add the powder to it. Whisk it nicely and make it an even paste. Use it as a hair pack, leave for 20 minutes and wash it off.
7) Gentle Almond Oil Massage: Mix almond oil with lemon juice extract and use it to massage the scalp. Almond oil is rich in antioxidants, nourishes the root hair and helps remove the premature greying of the hair. Almond oil is said to also help reduce split ends, dandruff and many other hair conditions naturally.
You do not have to shell wads of notes on expensive oils and concoctions that you find in the market. This ingredients that find their way in the production of most of the products we buy, when used in the natural form are bound to give you better results!